Does your baby have dry skin?
If your baby’s skin is exposed to dry and cold weather or irritants, her skin barrier may be disrupted and she may develop dry skin.
Once the skin barrier is disrupted, moisture leaves and the skin becomes dry and scaly.
Environmental allergens (irritants from the baby’s surroundings) can also enter the skin and activate the immune system, producing inflammation that makes the skin red and itchy.
How to look after your little one's skin so it doesn't become dry?
Avoiding irritants, washing, dressing, moisturising:
• Make sure your baby’s bath is luke warm
• Don’t use ordinary soap as the ingredients may aggravate your baby’s dry skin. Wash your baby with luke warm water alone or use bath products that are specially formulated for baby’s sensitive skin.
• Don’t use perfumed bubble bath or scented shampoo.
• When towelling dry, pat rather than rub her skin.
• Baby Bean Organics Certified Organic Baby Wash can help taking care of your baby’s bath time, using only gentle, hydrating and soothing ingredients for baby’s delicate skin.
Moisturise, Moisturise, Moisturise!
• Apply rich hydrating moisturiser/lotion on your baby's skin often
• Avoid perfumes, fragranced skin lotions or moisturiser
• Baby Bean Organics Certified Organic Baby Lotion and Oil can help to moisturise your baby’s skin after bathing and throughout the day when needed.
• Avoid overheating your baby’s skin. Dress her in several layers of clothing that you can remove, as required, instead of one heavy layer. Don’t put too many blankets on her bed.
• Dress baby in soft, smooth materials next to her skin, preferably 100 per cent cotton. Avoid scratchy materials, such as pure wool, polyester or acrylic. Remove labels from clothing.
• Avoid chlorinated pools. If you and your baby have to swim in a chlorinated pool, moisturise her skin well when you get out.
• Bath your baby well after pool time to remove chlorine thoroughly.
Choose products from the Baby Bean Organics range. The Baby Bean Organic range has been developed with for your baby’s delicate skin in mind. Enriched with essential fatty acids, it helps hydrating baby skin and keep your baby's skin soft and supple. Our products are made from natural & organic ingredients, so are completely gentle for all babies. We use organic coconut and avocado oils in non-allergenic packaging so you can rest assured that you are putting the best product on your baby’s skin.